What We Do
Web of Change aims to create holistic leaders with a deep passion for change and embed a culture of innovation, collaboration, and transformation into the core of our industry.
Since 2001, we have convened 12 successful gatherings and supported over a thousand established and emerging leaders to deepen their skills, network, and commitment to the social change movement. Some selected impacts from Web of Change include:
- Projects: Dozens of unprecedented collaborations have been spawned as a result of WOC, producing world leading work across borders, sectors, and industries.
- People: WOC has Inspired numerous consultants and agencies to commit full time to the social change industry as a career track or company focus. Our events have helped frame this work and its unique contributions.
- Diversity: We've engaged in active silo-busting by introducing non-techies (campaigners, senior execs, funders) into this space for cross-pollination and relationship building.
- Community: A vital and growing community of WOC alumni often self-organize at larger conferences or in cities where they live. WOC inspired the Social Tech Brewing events, which in some cities have become “Net Tuesday”.
- Networks: In 2008, an event was held consisting of a dozen leading social change focused agencies to understand how they could better collaborate and support the movement.
- Personal: Testimonials from dozens of participants calling Web of Change “transformative”, “highly restorative”, and generally one of the most powerful and fun events they’ve ever been to.
Share your comments with the Web of Change Community by leaving a comment below.Photo: Jordan Lewin