Seeking Event Producer
Web of Change is seeking an Event Producer to oversee and implement the primary responsibilities associated with organizing the 12th annual Web of Change event, September 2013.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to plan and execute large events and foster coordination and cooperation among diverse groups. He or she will be committed to getting results in a distributed or remote work environment and be able to handle occasionally heavy workloads as the event draws near.
This position is an excellent opportunity to collaborate and engage with the progressive community’s leading campaigners, organizers, and technologists.
About Web of Change
Web of Change is a tribe of fearless leaders pioneering new strategies of digital engagement to improve the world. Our flagship retreat—Web of Change—connects the senior leaders in this vibrant space for a 4 night intensive retreat, September 18-22, 2013, near Austin, Texas.
- Manage overall event production timeline
- Serve as internal hub: Liaise with event chair(s), advisors, volunteers, and venue to ensure that all tasks are on track.
- Manage relationship with venue
- Oversee on-site logistics and associated volunteers
- Manage the budget and cashflow; post financial reporting as needed
- Invoice sponsors and reimburse expenses
- Manage and track scholarships and participant funding assistance
Fellows Program Support
- Work with advisors team to recruit team of Fellows aligned with WOC mission
- Engage and motivate Fellows around their own recruitment and content commitments
- Support the Fellows before and during the event to ensure they know their roles and can meaningfully contribute -- including logistics for travel and accommodations
- Design and manage participant application, approval, and registration process -- including funding assistance
- Provide direct applicant / participant support (Q and A)
- Manage overall participant experience
Communications and Network Building
- Develop and execute a communications plan to engage participants, sponsors, alumni community, and other key stakeholders before, during, and after the WOC13 event
- Broaden awareness of Web of Change and increase its visibility across audiences with a key priority of reaching out to diverse communities; develop relationships with like-minded connectors in the progressive leadership and nonprofit technology communities
- Cultivate WOC community -- participants and alumni -- by building buzz, distribute thought leadership and communicating with attendees.
- Develop / curate content for emails, blogs, newsletters, social media
- Manage development of additional promotional assets including videos and testimonials
- Manage third party designers and developers as needed
- Oversee production of materials (program, signage, etc)
- Design and implement system for capturing and evaluating participant feedback
- Prepare post-event sponsor report or package (e.g. videos, case studies).
- Plan activities during event that will assist in future promotion, including on-sight testimonials, photos, videos/podcasts of specific sessions, etc…
We’re seeking candidates who are results oriented and excel in relationship - and community building, communications, and project management. You should have:
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects successfully
- Ability to oversee a cadre of advisors, consultants, and volunteers
- Customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience getting results through others and navigating conflict
- Experience posting content to the web via content management systems or blog platforms and using bulk email delivery systems
- Ability to lift 30 lbs, or 10 Macbook Airs
- Ability to work remotely from your own office / location
Experience with social media, basic HTML, Drupal content management systems, and advanced database management are pluses but are not requirements.
Sense of humor appreciated but not essential.
Compensation is based on experience and is competitive.
Women, people of color, LGBT persons, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Commitment is from January 7 to September 30, 2013 (with potential to extend) and candidates must be available to attend the full event. Hours will fluctuate from week to week and increase as the event approaches.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Include “WOC13 Producer” in the subject line.
Deadline: Open until filled.