What Are Our Big Issues? Help Plan the WOC Agenda
Our team of 8 conveners are in the process of setting the agenda for this year’s Web of Change at Hollyhock. Against the backdrop of a deep recession, the continued growth and impact of digital and web 2.0 tools is reinforcing the need for organizations to make deep investments even in tough times. The key is in knowing where to focus, and for the WOC community, this means exploring from our unique vantage point the big issues affecting our sector and zeroing on the critical actions that we can take to support the broader social change movement.
What are the top issues being confronted in the WOC community right now?
- The ongoing threat to an open and free internet?
- The rise of mobile technology and organizing?
- Creating more diversity within the sector?
- Changing organizational cultures towards more open and collaborative models?
- Managing expectations when everyone wants to "Make me Barack Obama!"?
We want to hear from our community what you think the big issues are: questions and challenges you are facing, white elephants no one wants to look at, and solutions we as leaders in our field need to be looking at and taking action towards. What are your thoughts?
Please share them below, or, if you would prefer, email Julia Watson, and our convener team will consider them.