Is Web of Change a Good Fit for You?
Are you working at the frontiers of technology and social change? Web of Change is where committed practitioners come to up their game. It's where we candidly share frontline experiences, reflect deeply on our impact, and find the network and meaning we need to do transformational work.
Apart from this, we’ve noticed some common threads among people who gain the most from Web of Change.
Web of Changers are:
- Curious: open to new ideas and willing to ask questions
- Honest: direct and willing to speak the truth
- Vulnerable: aware of one’s own limitations, understand that being authentic and open allows connections at a more meaningful level
- Brave: willing to step into situations that are challenging and that require courage
- Resourceful: able to get big things done with limited resources
- Collaborative: exemplifies what it means to work together to achieve bigger change than we can on our own
- Catalytic Change Agents: knows that if we can act fearlessly to provoke change, we can do it
- Leaders: understands that leadership, personal mastery, and the ability to communicate with and inspire others is critical to creating lasting change.
Diversity and Inclusion
We strive to make diversity and inclusion a priority in every element of Web Of Change. Not because we think a diverse set of participants is simply a nice-to-have, but because we believe participants should reflect the diversity of the communities we live in.
Our community needs a wide range of perspectives and experiences to successfully create change in our world. Web of Change offers an opportunity to model the change we want to see and to subvert pervasive dynamics that inhibit informed, thoughtful, and inclusive decisions in our campaigns and other work.
Our goal is that no group — issue group, race/ethnicity, gender, or even WOC alumni — hold more than 50% of the spots at WOC 2014.
We may not reach perfection, but we're continually committed to being more inclusive and open. This statement of goals is a step toward the Web of Change community we seek to create.