We're very excited to announce that we've confirmed Ricken Patel as our keynote speaker for the Social Tech Training. Ricken is the co-founder of Avaaz – the world's largest global online advocacy organization.
Avaaz is member-driven, and 3.2 million people strong. If you've been alive, and on the internet, you've almost certainly received (and perhaps signed) one of their petitions in the past year. Just last week, they ran the fastest growing petition of all time, gathering 1.5 million signatures for Tibet. You'll also recognize them from the now-famous campaign that turned the tides in Bali at the climate change talks last December, mobilizing over 300,000 people in 72 hours and forcing governments to listen to the voices of concerned citizens.
search the site
"If you have a chance to go, I strongly recommend it. Beyond the amazing setting (Hollyhock is right out of a fairytale), you will meet and interact with committed, knowledgeable people who live and breathe technology and online strategy. (I also learned almost as much about myself at this conference as I did about web-based campaigns.) "
— Kevin Reid
Recent blog posts
- Social Tech Training was a Great Success
- It's Not About the Web :: Learnings from the Social Tech Training
- Sold Out!
- Social Tech Training Filling Fast
- Open Everything Gets Rolling
- Grab a Badge for the Social Tech Training
- Avaaz Founder Confirmed to Speak
- STT Agenda Now Available
- The Cute Cat Theory of Digital Activism
- Social Tech Training Site Launched