Reports to: Chair of the Web of Change board of directors
This position is classified as an independent contractor position.
Job application: https://webofchange.formstack.com/forms/event_coordinator
The Event Coordinator is a 3/4 time contract position from March 2016 through December 2016 or January 2017, responsible for the successful execution of the Web of Change flagship event held in November 2016 in Big Sur, CA. Reporting to the Chair of the Web of Change board of directors, and working closely with the Event Chair and other volunteer leaders, the Event Coordinator is responsible for handling event logistics, operations, and execution in order to create a transformative event experience for 125 attendees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: project management, coordinating with the event venue, communicating about the event to the Web of Change community, managing outside contractors and vendors, managing event registration, payments, and housing assignments, handling website and social media updates, managing attendee concerns and needs, and implementing policies designed to create a sustainable and inclusive community. Other responsibilities and duties will be assigned to support Web of Change and the event as needed.
Maybe all of these don’t define you, but here are some characteristics that would make you a good candidate for Event Coordinator.
- You’re detail oriented. The Event Coordinator is in charge of the logistics and operations of the flagship event, and there are many critical pieces, large and small.
- You’ve produced events before. You’ve led production for an event before, and have firsthand experience of some of the challenges and opportunities that this brings.
- You’re used to rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty. Because this is a small operation executed by volunteer leaders, you’ll find lots of people to help and assist but not necessarily people to whom you can delegate responsibility.You’ll need to switch flexibly between planning and execution on a daily basis
- You have a deep desire to promote inclusion and diversity in everything that you do. Diversity and inclusion can sometimes be treated as buzzwords, but at Web of Change, they’re at the core of our philosophy. Creating inclusive spaces and fostering expansive conversations is a challenge, sometimes prompting tough questions and real pain, but we’re committed to living our progressive values even, and especially, when difficult.
- You’re solutions-oriented, and hospitality-focused. Web of Change values its community and the event attendees. We want this event to be an amazing experience, and you’re the person to pull that off.
This position is contract-based and remote. You’ll be working with people across the U.S.; availability during the Western Hemisphere business day is required.
To apply, please fill out the form at the following link:
Applications will be accepted through February 29, 2016, and will be evaluated on a rolling basis. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
Top photo by Eugene Chan