Vancouver Hotel Stay
Where to Stay in Vancouver
Vanpools leave at 8:30 am and 11 am from the YWCA Downtown Hotel on Wednesday, September 3. So, if you're flying in from out of town, you will likely need to spend the night of September 2nd in Vancouver.
Similarly, vanpools will not arrive back into downtown Vancouver until 6 pm and 8 pm on September 7. If you're planning to take a night flight on the 7th, please do not book flights before 9 pm to allow enough time to get to the aiport from downtown Vancouver.
Here are some places to stay in Vancouver.
We've negotiated a group discount at the YWCA Hotel in downtown Vancouver. Yes, men are welcome!
- $120/night for private room/private bathroom.
- $131/night for 2 double-beds/private bathroom. Share a double room with the friend or colleague you're traveling with and the cost is $65.50 per person.
- $66/night for single room/shared bathroom. 1 person max, includes shared hallway bathroom. These rooms are now sold out on September 2, but a couple remain on September 7.
Howard Johnson Hotel
Located in Granville Street’s entertainment district, the hotel offers air-conditioned rooms, a pub and club and a range of other hotel amenities. Rates for standard rooms are as follows.
- Double: $149.00/room
- Double Double: $159.00/room (2 double beds, 1 or 2 people)
Hostelling International Hostel
- Two-bed shared room (you may share with someone you know if you are traveling with someone): $44.96/person, plus tax.
- Four-bed shared room: $35.39/person, plus tax.
- Single rooms may be available. Please enquire.